The Velineon® VXL-3s forward/reverse electronic speed control simplifies brushless technology with easy, built-in profiles. It sets up, operates, and programs just like the Traxxas XL-5™ family of ESCs so there's no tricky new procedures to learn. Traxxas' exclusive patented Training Mode™ is also included to limit full throttle to 50% for young or inexperienced drivers. For the most advanced users, the VXL-3s is equipped with two-stage low voltage detection to allow LiPo battery use, including powerful 11.1-volt 3S packs! The VXL-3s is manufactured by Traxxas to ensure the highest level of quality and support and is backed by the Traxxas Lifetime Electronics Warranty.
Traxxas High-Current Connector*
The VXL-3s ESC is equipped with the patented Traxxas high-current connectors for restriction-free current flow.
Click here for more info about the patented Traxxas High-Current Connertor.
Assembled with Maxx® Cable (12-gauge wire)
This super-flexible, high-current, low-resistance 12-gauge, wire acts like a series of giant pipes, flowing energy in and out of the VXL-3s electronic speed control and into the Velineon 3500 motor. The patented Traxxas Connector combined with Maxx cable is a better engineered solution for extracting all the power your battery has to give.
Velineon VXL-3s Waterproof Features
- Patented Traxxas High-Current Connector eliminates a common bottleneck and maintains pure, unrestricted power flow from the battery to the brushless power system.
- Built-in two-stage low voltage detection for Lithium Polymer (LiPo) battery use provides a clear signal to the driver that the battery pack is nearing its minimum voltage threshold.
- Widest range of battery options ranging from 4-cell NiMH packs all the way up to 3S LiPo battery packs (11.1 volt)
- The patented Training Mode™ is an exclusive Traxxas feature that reduces the overall power output of the VXL-3s by 50%, making it easier for new or younger drivers to control their model. When they're ready, simply change profiles to unleash full-throttle action.
- The EZ-Set® push-button setup operates and programs just like other Traxxas speed controls such as the XL-5. This eliminates the need to learn a new set of procedures.
- The VXL-3s is programmable with three drive profiles:
- Sport Mode – Fwd / Brake / Rev
- Race Mode – Fwd / Brake
- Training Mode**™ – 50% Fwd / Brake / 50% Rev
- Multi-color LED provides clear feedback
- Two-stage thermal shutdown protection protects the VXL-3s from overheating.
- Locked Rotor Protection™ prevents system damage by cutting power if the vehicle is stuck or the motor is bound.
- Battery Over-Voltage Protection™ causes the ESC to go into failsafe mode if the maximum input voltage is exceeded.
- Water resistent case design uses rubber seals and o-rings to protect against damage caused by water and moisture.
- Micro-fin aluminum heatsink dissipates heat.
- The built-in auxiliary fan output powers a snap-on accessory fan for increased cooling capacity during extreme use. A handy clasp on the speed control case keeps the wire neatly in place until you are ready to use it.
- Gold plated 3.5mm bullet connectors on 12-gauge Maxx® Cable flow full power to the motor without performance strangling resistance.
|VXL-3s WATERPROOF ESC SPECIFICATIONS|
Velineon Cooling fan (#3340)
(accessory item, sold separately)
The Velineon® VXL-3s Accessory Cooling Fan reduces ESC temperatures during extended operation for maximum power flow. It securely clips onto the VXL-3s heatsink for easy installation. Wires are neatly routed thanks to the integrated connector clip. Simply plug the accessory cooling fan into the Velineon VXL-3s accessory power connector and clip the fan onto the heatsink for increased cooling.